Re: [Exim] Help please..

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: Derrick MacPherson
CC: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Help please..
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:43:49AM -0700,
Derrick MacPherson <derrick@???> is thought to have said:

> I have a friends server that is running exim, and they lost about 1/4 of
> the /etc/passwd
> unitll I can write a script to recreate this, how can I make exim write
> to the /var/mail/$UID
>
> if the account does not exist, yet the mail box does? At least so it
> will quite bouncing mail for a couple hours...

Why not disable exim temporarily and let mail queue elsewhere until you're
back online again. Or set it to accept all mail and force it to queue
only, attempting no deliveries, for the duration of the outage?

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality