[Exim] does exim not follow the RFC 1652 ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Guillaume Morin
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] does exim not follow the RFC 1652 ?
Hi all,

    I have checked the website and the archives of the list and I could
not find an answer.

    Since many monthes, I had problems sending mail
using my ISP to some domains. It seems that most of them uses Exim. The
problem is that I cannot send 8bitmime messages to these domains. I
always received a mailer-daemon message.

    Recently, I've configured my
own mail service with Exim. And I've seen that adding the
accept_8bitmime option makes my ISP's smtp happier. Indeed, I've seen
that someone who sends a EHLO command to Exim will not get a 250
8bitmime response as it is required by the RFC 1652. I think that is the
reason why the smtp believes it cannot send the 8bitmime messages.

So my question is why Exim does not follow that RFC although it is 8-bit
clean or where am I wrong ?

Thank you in advance. Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <gemorin@???>

              Why critize what you don't understand ? (Sepultura)