Re: [Exim] Exim As A Mail Hub

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Gordon Carn
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim As A Mail Hub
Typing away merrily, Gordon Carn produced the immortal words:
> This treates all mail being sent to pcfe.co.uk as local to the exim
> machine. However, because this machine does not have any user
> accounts, delivery fails.
>
> My question is how do I look up the local part of the address from a
> database to find the delivery address so that the messages can be
> routed to other mail servers?

Local addresses are handled by directors, so in the directors section
you set up a rule specifying to do this. The documentation section on
these, and the Q04xx section of the FAQ, are excellent sources on
information.

How you do this depends on the type of 'database' that you mean. Is it
a traditional flat-file forwarding database? If so, something like:

our_fan_out:
  driver       = aliasfile
  domains      = pcfe.co.uk
  file         = /etc/mail/aliases
  search_type  = lsearch

There are various traditional small db formats supported (gdbm, et al)
and also MySQL support. Check the compile-time options which you used.
More information in "File and database lookups":
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_6.html>
and, as stated, Q04xx in FAQ (<http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html>).

HTH,
--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.