[Exim] faking of sender-addr

Author: james
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] faking of sender-addr
Hi..

I'm new to exim and have some problems which
seems to be unsolveable for me :)

Anyone can telnet mydomain.com 25
MAIL FROM: root@???
RCPT TO: user1@???
DATE
hi user. im the root. you are dump
.

What i want is to convert the sender-addr
to root@??? or root@???
whenever someone tries to send a message to (local) users
with the sender-addr of one of my local domains.

any idea ?

uhm..i found the following in my syslogs:
exim[18815]: 2000-06-03 04:38:01 12xl5l-00006P-00 == root@??? T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to /root

+ many "retry.." + "msg is frozen".
exim is running as root
(-rws--x--x    1 root     root      1090010 Jun  3 02:44 /usr/sbin/exim)
but with EXIM_UID=8 and EXIM_GID=8.

the Documentation says:
"If no user is specified for Exim in either the compile-time or runtime configuration files, then it runs as root all the time, except when
performing local deliveries. When an alternative user is specified (which is recommended), it gives up root privilege when it can."

so exim runs as root and drops privileges if it really does not
need them. So..dear exim..why are you unable to chdir to root's homedir ? :)

thnx for help.

james