Re: [Exim] headers_check_syntax

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] headers_check_syntax
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> The main problem being of course that OutCrap Express generates
> incorrect headers by default, and has no option to use correct ones,
> for this specific case.

Sigh.

I wonder what proportion of the time I've spend on Exim has been in
implementing things to work round other broken software?

I'm beginning to think somebody should write a program to read a message
and make it conform syntactically to RFC 822, according to various rules
contained in a configuration file. They you could pass all messages from
your local, broken, hosts through this sanitizer.

Sigh.