RE: [Exim] Rewriting based on subject line?

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Rewriting based on subject line?
On 25-May-00 at 11:03:24 John Horne wrote:
> Perhaps - and no idea if it would work! - a rewrite rule like:
>
>   fred@???   "${if match {$h_Subject:} {/^magic/} \
>                                {eric} {paul}}@???"         T

Nah, I think that's rubbish. I also think that I had a similar problem a
long while ago and decided it couldn't be done!

However, guess number 2!, perhaps:

  ^(.*)$   "${if and {{sender_address=fred@???} {if matches {subject} \
                                 {magic} {eric@???} {paul@???}}
                  $1}"   T

In effect match any RCPT TO address, but only change it if the sender is
fred and if the subject is magic then change it to eric else (i.e. for a
different subject line) send it to paul. In all other cases send it to
'$1' - the original sender (i.e. leave it alone). Syntax is well out of wack
in the example BTW :-)

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???