Re: [Exim] Non-numeric variables in filters

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jeffrey C. Ollie
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Non-numeric variables in filters
On Mon, 22 May 2000, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

> > What I personally would really like to see is the exim equivalent of
> > mod_perl for apache - pretty much full exposure of the internals.
>
> Personally, I'd rather see embedded Python, but I agree in general
> with Nigel and Michael.

The performance of an embedded scripting language may cause problems. It
occurs to me that if I were to make it possible to link a C function
with Exim, then you could either write your stuff in C (regex handling
is already there using PCRE) or you could escape from C to Perl or
(presumably) Python, or anything else.

The problem, of course, is specifying the interface.