[Exim] Virii and body content filtering

Author: Mike Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Virii and body content filtering
Our security officer is going to be asked why we don't/can't filter
out vbs attachment mails at our mailrouter. The standard answer is
that message body filtering will slow our mail system down
signficantly. What we need to find is some quantitative value for
'significant'.

Has anyone got any figures we can quote for how slower a simple
message body filter might be than not filtering at all?

I know its a vague question but we're only looking for order of
magnitude answers atm.

Thanks

Mike
Copyright 2000 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor@???, 0161 275-6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless