Re: [Exim] nessus security report

Autor: Lorens Kockum
A: exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] nessus security report
On exim-users twells@??? wrote:
>On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:54:43AM -0400,
>Brad Crittenden <bac@???> is thought to have said:
>
>> is there a known reason nessus would give a false positive for
>> relaying?
>
>This is most likely a variation of FAQ 0833 depending on which relay test
>nessus is claiming fails.
>
>Sounds like now that nessus is v1.0 the Exim community should either talk
>with the nessus developers to cut down on the possibilty of false
>positives and/or we need to extend the FAQ.

I believe the thread entitled "nessus and exim", started
by Marc Haber on Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:06:46 GMT with
the problems. Including the one about "needing to talk with
nessus developers".

Indeed, if the version of nessus used by Brad is older than the
end of that thread, there will be a false positive. Renaud
inserted a specific exim test into nessus as a result of that
thread. If there's anything else that needs doing, I have no
doubt it will be done.