Re: [Exim] Dynamically generated list of local users

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Dynamically generated list of local users
Typing away merrily, Vadim Vygonets produced the immortal words:
> > Embedded perl.
>
> Heavy. The problem with this approach is that there is an
> overhead in every Exim process, not only those that actually run
> the Perl functions. Embedded awk anyone? ;) A better idea,

Why? Surely the interpreter is only initialised when needed? Or on
first use?

> recipient addresses. I'd write it in Ada just to make a point.

:^)

> Which means that you can mail all only if you're of this gid and
> submit the message locally? Nice. But you can handle similrar
> things with a moderated mailing list. It's true that mailing
> list security is not really high, though.

I have mailing-lists and thought of this. But maintaining the
subscriber list .. mind, yes, a cronjob to write the file would work.
But I wanted to learn exim too.

> Replace the condition with:
>
>     local_parts = all-users
>     condition = ${if ={${originator_gid}}{ALLPOSTGID}{yes}{no}}

Ah. Thanks. :^)

> >   rewrite    = true

> This is the default.

I know. But when I _rely_ on defaults for my weird hacks, I prefer to
make it explicit. Less head-scratching should a tinker later on make it
mysteriously break.

> > headers_add = "X-List: all-users.LOCALDOM (private)"

Okay, so that's not interpolated either. The point was made - I used
the exact info I wanted in my running set-up.
--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.