Re: [Exim] Spool file is locked

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: Yann Golanski
CC: yann algayon, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spool file is locked
For me, the process was so dead that even exim_what couldn't see
it. I found the process by looking for any very old exim processes
that weren't the daemon.

It stopped happening for me (so far) when I added a "connect_timeout =
3m" to my remote_smtp transport. So, it looks like:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
connect_timeout = 3m

Apparently my Caldera system does not have it's own timeout on a
connect call. It's supposed to. But this is the work-around.

Philip worked a long time with me to figure that this was partly
responsible for the duplicate messages I was generating.

I should write a little report for this list and this archive. I
will, but with a different subject so people can find it.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)