Re: [Exim] using exim w/ more than 65000 users

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: michael
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: pete
Kopio: exim-users, Nigel.Metheringham
Aihe: Re: [Exim] using exim w/ more than 65000 users
> We use the proxying approach too, but with a relatively small number of
> very large spool hosts at the moment. Unfortunately our proxy solution is
> a commercial one. Would you mind providing more information about your
> solution for POP/IMAP proxying Michael?

Let me first say that the POP3 proxy looks ugly inside, but you only
need to exchange one function for your purposes and perhaps add a
new configuration option. It is available from:

http://www.moria.de/~michael/pop3proxyd/

Now the imap proxy is a different story. Having read the RFC, I think
that IMAP can not be proxied with a single thread without actually
interpreting it, so my IMAP proxy consists of two processes that copy
data forth and back. I think so because of the pipelining stuff and
the need to label requests, but I am not sure if I am right about that.

Sorry, no polished up release. It's an amazingly ugly patch to courier
imapd that constantly cries "but I do work". I can send you some code,
but you will have to hack it for your purposes and it is simple enough
to be possibly written from scratch with enough time to produce something
worth releasing. ;-)

Michael