Re: [Exim] using exim w/ more than 65000 users

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: michael
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users, Nigel.Metheringham
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] using exim w/ more than 65000 users
> Filestore is the biggest problem. You almost certainly need to think
> in terms of NAS which restricts things greatly, however the NAS storage
> allows spreading of the mail load. An alternative is the IMAP favoured
> approach of small IMAP servers and directing users to the apprpriate
> one... I have problems with that.

A number of smaller servers, each holding some mailboxes, is easy to
implement using Exim. The problem is a uniform access point for POP
and IMAP, which requires using proxy servers. That's what I do and it
works fine.

There are other reasons for and against NAS, but it's not the application
"mail" as such.

Michael