Re: [Exim] Auto reply to email to people who have left

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeffrey Goldberg
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Michael Stevens
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Auto reply to email to people who have left
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Michael Stevens wrote:

> > I've thought it would be a good idea to send back some sort of standard reply
> > when someone leaves the company,

> We use this sort of syntax in our local alias files:
>
> missingperson: :fail: why they are no longer available

I do the same thing. My LAST director is

expired_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = TABLES/aliases_expired
search_type = dbm
modemask=002
user = exim
# no_verify

and aliases_expired looks like

a.burnett: :fail: Address removed around 02/2000. No known forwarding address
s.johnson: :fail: Address removed around 04/1999. No known forwarding address

This is nice because it rejects at SMTP time, and the message could
depend on whatever is in the database the file is generated from. (though
actually, other than the removal date, the text is fixed).

> Which causes delivery to fail, with an explanatory message. It works
> well for us.

I like it.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814