Re: [Exim] How do I ...

Góra strony
Autor: Alain Williams
Dla: Pete Naylor
CC: Alain Williams, exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] How do I ...
On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 08:02:16PM -0700, Pete Naylor wrote:

> Alain Williams wrote...
>
> > How do I pursuade email to recognise list@??? to be a special case that must be routed up to
> > the ISP ?
>
> I'd add a special director (above the existing ones) such as...
>
> lists:
> driver = smartuser
> domains = foo.com
> local_parts = list1:list2:list3
> transport = listserver
>
> Then, add a transport...
>
> listserver:
> driver = smtp
> hosts = blackbird.isp.co.uk
> gethostbyname = true

I'll create a new config file and try it out.
I am a bit concerned about the 'gethostbyname = true', another consequence of the setup
at this customer is that they run their own DNS internally which is authoritiative for their
own domain (giving 10.x.x.x addresses) and a caching nameserver for everything else. This works
well - but a consequence of this is that an `nslookup' on foo.com yeilds something completely
different when done within foo.com than it does when done anywhere in the rest of the world.

If the above config results in exim connecting to `blackbird.isp.co.uk' to send mail to
`listX@???' it should work, if exim tries to resolve foo.com by DNS it will screw up
completely.

Thanks for the comment, I'll try it in a couple of days time and let this list know.

I find Exim easy to configure for most simple cases, however getting the different bits
together for anything else can be difficult. I think that an examples directory with lots
of config files doing things such as I am trying above would be a great boon. It is always
easier (IMHO) to look at examples and then read the documentation to understand how to
fix it in your particular case.

--
Alain Williams