Re: [Exim] Blocking inbound

Author: Pete Naylor
To: Marius Vincent
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking inbound
Marius Vincent wrote...

> Is there anyway I can block/cancel a specific inbound e-mail?
>
> For instance if somebody is mailing me a 30 meg e-mail and it is clocking up
> in the /var/spool/input .
>
> Is it safe to just delete the message whilst inbound, or will it just
> recreate the file and clock it up again?
>
> Also what is the right way to do it?

If the message is already on the way in, have a look at the queue
identifier for it and then find the related exim process... for example
incoming message 12qt8l-0002Sp-00:

ps -ef |grep 12qt8l-0002Sp-00

or

ps -ax |grep 12qt8l-0002Sp-00

Kill that process... "kill <process_id>".

That will resolve the immediate problem. The remote host will likely try
to deliver the message again though, so you'll also need to add something
to block it the next time (reject its IP for example).

> What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Your list subscription is permanently revoked ;)

--
Pete Naylor