Re: [Exim] Re: Exim features

Author: Jason Gunthorpe
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Nigel Metheringham, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Exim features
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I finally realized that this was what you meant. However, it would
> require a serious re-organization of the logic of Exim's daemon to
> implement, and I don't think everyone will agree that it is a good idea,
> so it would also have to be optional.

Hm, when I looked at the code that is what I kind of thought. Oh well. I
think Nigel (??) probably had the right idea, run exim from something like
tcpserver or xinetd.

I noticed yesterday that qmail isn't the only mailer that can nail the
other host with alot of connections - exim will do it as well, but only if
you have the immediate delivery feature turned on. That makes me think it
would have some value for everyone running medium sized mailservers.

Jason