Re: [Exim] Another wacky question

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Another wacky question
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2000, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > I'd like to use directors to _verify_ addresses for a particular
> > domain, but routers when doing actual deliveries..
>
> Leave the domain not local.
>
> Set up a router for this domain with verify_only set. Make it route to
> the local host. Set self=local so the address gets passed to the
> directors.
>
> Set up a director with verify_only and no_more set, to verify these
> addresses.
>
> Then actual deliveries will use the other routers.

Hrm.. Ok.. I had actually done some more thinking, and was considering
making the domain local, and setting up as follows..

DIRECTOR:

verify_mydomain:
driver = localuser
domains = mydomain.com
transport = smtp_special

TRANSPORT:

smtp_special:
driver = smtp
hosts = "mydomain.com"
hosts_override = true

Would this work? The spec says that the smtp transport does MX
processing on the hosts= values, as long as gethostbyname is false,
which is default