Re: [Exim] conditions in filters

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Stevens
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] conditions in filters
On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 11:07:21AM +0100, David Hayling wrote:
> >I'd actually agree. I am pretty au fait with these things now but,
> when I
> >first started with exim a couple of years ago, it took me about 20
> attempts
> >to get the syntax for these things right. Even now, I don't think I
> have ever
> >put one in that "worked" first time ;-).*
> >--
> >Ian
> I agree, I realise there are some examples in the FAQ but not nearly
> enough in my experience. I'm just hanging on for THE book and hoping
> that it will have loads of worked examples of configurations of routers
> & directors etc, filters and lots more . . .

Maybe we could be proactive users -- there are already a number of
useful examples of things on the exim site (this is how I got uucp working
with exim, for example) -- we should all examine our own configs to
see that which is generic and others might want to use, document them
thoroughly, and make them available for the world in some central location -
I would imagine from current practice they could be placed on www.exim.org
with all the other current content? (the sample configs and cookbook in
the FAQ)