Re: [Exim] Frozen messages - answers and questions

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marilyn Davis
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages - answers and questions

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>
> > > That is why it says "neither action flags nor mail addresses given".
> >
> > But the message it is sending looks so exim-generated.
>
> Absolutely. There are two instances of Exim running here:
>
> Original message -> Exim(1) -> the script -> whatever -> Exim(2)
>
> Exim(2) is called when a new message is being generated. Now, it appears
> that Exim(2) is called without any options or arguments in the command.
> So it barfs, and writes to stderr the following line:
>
> > exim: neither action flags nor mail addresses given
>
> and terminates with an error code. It seems that stderr is still the
> same file that was set up by Exim(1) to catch any output from the
> script. So Exim(1) sees this output and thinks "oho! - this script has

I see. So it's happening in "fence" because eVote_script2 changes
stderr.

I'll change stderr first and then maybe see what's happening -- if it
happens again.

Thanks so much for the big hint.

And thank you again Jeffrey Goldberg for your thoughts too.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)