RE: [Exim] Problem downloading Exim-3.13

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: James Greenhalgh
To: Otukile Kealeboga
CC: exim-users
題目: RE: [Exim] Problem downloading Exim-3.13
On 11-May-00 Otukile Kealeboga wrote:
> I am trying to download exim-3.13 onto a Sun Box running Solaris 7.
> I cannot directly download onto the server for certain security
> reasons. I have to do it via my PC which has Winzip 7.0 and then ftp
> it from there to the server. The file comes as "exim-3_13_tar.tar"
>
> The problem is when I try to unzip it on the server. I get
>          "invalid compressed data--crc error"
> message for various combinations of extensions. these include
>  exim-3.13_tar.gz exim-3.13.tar.gz exim-3.13_tar.tar.gz

> Is there a proper way of doing it? Thanks

It's stripped the second . extension from the filename when downloaded to your
PC. Simply don't use winzip and ftp across exim-3.13_tar.tar to the server,
then mv it to exim-3.13.tar.gz at the other end.

It may just have uncompressed it on the way instead - so if you can't gunzip it
in the above case, try plain old tar. Whatever you do, don't use winzip on it
- since that produces pkzip archives that gzip/uncompress don't understand...
(Try looking up zip on www.freshmeat.net for links to unix pkzip/unzip
compatable utils)

james

E-Mail: James Greenhalgh <james@???>