Re: [Exim] Sigh. Being ignored by a postmaster.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Derrick MacPherson
Υ/ο: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Sigh. Being ignored by a postmaster.

Have you been trying to contact them by email only, or have you also
tried real-world means, eg telephone, etc? Its been my experience that
many MS based setups, there is no one cluefull enough to read the
postmaster mailbox (and often no one even realizes it exists or its
signifigance)

Is this someone you need to accept mail from, or just some random other
network sending mail? If the latter, I'd just let the mail stick in
their queue until they (or their customer/the sender) complains and
they care to try and fix it..

We get tons of rejects logged for wide varieties of reasons. Basically,
its 'not our problem'.. If they want to send mail to our system, they
can comply with the RFC.. If they don't want to, oh well then...