[Exim] sendmail -U equivalent?

Author: Bob Billson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] sendmail -U equivalent?
G'day all... I have a few perl scripts on my system originally written for
sendmail. I'm trying to tweak them for exim. I'm stuck on sendmail's -U
command line option. There doesn't seem to be a documented direct equivalent
in exim.

According to sendmail's man page, -U means: "Initial (user) submission. This
should always be set when called from a user agent such as Mail or exmh and
never be set when called by a network delivery agent such as rmail."

The scripts I'm tweaking, have code along the lines of:

  ( echo "To: $NOTIFY_ADMIN"; \
    echo "From: foo@bar"; \
    echo "Subject: something"; \
    echo ""; \
    echo "some output from somewhere"; \
  ) | $SENDMAIL -U $NOTIFY_ADMIN

It appears I should be able to replace the last line above with:

) | $SENDMAIL -t

Where $SENDMAIL points to exim. Is there some reason this will break
something? Thanks for help.

              bob