RE: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Jeff Carnahan
CC: Nigel.Metheringham, Exim
Subject: RE: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Jeff Carnahan wrote:

> It looks like if the message is empty, I can send the attachment.. If I
> reply to a message or compose a message with a significant amount of text,
> the attachment is rejected..

I haven't looked at Nigel's filter very recently, but my own (which
differs because I want a different policy) allows small messages through
specifically, assuming that the attachment must be at lead a few K before
in can do anything. This eliminates some false positive of the discussion
of the pattern to match.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814