Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support

Author: Dan Lowe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support
Previously, Miquel van Smoorenburg said:

> There are better alternatives, ofcourse. Like a Java SSH applet-
> secure access to your servers almost anywhere on earth ;)
>
> http://www.mindbright.se/mindterm/

Unfortunately this does not work for everyone - notably SSH daemons which
require you be coming from a certain IP on a pre-approved list, or which
use RSA keys to authenticate to a host (one of which is true for me).

Luckily when I'm away I can take my laptop which has one of the RSA keys I
can get into my host with.

Another novel reason for webmail occurred to me because of my
sister-in-law. She didn't want her dad reading her email, which he could
do with the Eudora client I had set up for her (by looking at the *.mbx
files directly), but with Yahoo! Mail she can hit logout and he can't look
at any of it because he doesn't know her password.

She can get to it from here at my house, her house, school, friends'
houses, etc. That's one big appeal of webmail - my 14 year old sister-in-
law who is primarily interested in N'Sync and cheerleading, is not going to
figure out things like portable SSH clients and Mutt/Elm/Pine... let alone
vi/emacs...

--
Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
                     -Pancho Villa 's last words