Re: [Exim] a spam bcc filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Justyn Miller
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] a spam bcc filter?
On May 5, 2000 Justyn Miller <webmaster@???> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had any quick comments on a filter that
> would block mail addressed to a non-local user with bcc addresses.

I think that you have misunderstood how Bcc works. Typically bcc fields
don't exist in mail messages as they travel around. However, the
$recipients variable as Vadik has pointed out may contain what you are
after.

> It seems that some of the spam we receive is to
> 'somename@???' with hundreds of users listed in the bcc.

Not really. You have hundreds of recipients, but there will be no Bcc
(unless the sending system somewhere upstream is broken).

> Is there a reason I would not want a filter like this enabled?

You can set the maximum number you will recieve in configure (main part).
Note that RFCs require that that be at least 100, but many people choose
to ignore that requirement.

Again, as Vadik pointed out. If you have more than N people on a mailing
list, you might block those. AoL used to do something like that, and so
AoL users could not really join popular email discussion lists.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814