Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection
J.Goldberg@??? said:
> This is the bit of psychology that this worm relies on. Now if people
> use mailers which respect content-type properly and/or which display
> the full file names if the system will rely on that for what to do,
> then we wouldn't have this problem at this scale.

I was quite convinced this virus was using a text/plain content type...
until I read that this morning and checked to find that exmh (a unix
MUA), for some reason reports that attachment as text/plain (and even
displays it inline as such).

I have not seen it make other mistakes with MIME types.... but lousing
up MIME appears to be a common bug on all platforms - just look at the
metamail bugs/exploits

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]