Re: [Exim] I LOVE YOU - Virus-Filter?

Author: Richard Leyton
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Georg v. Zezschwitz, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I LOVE YOU - Virus-Filter?
Hi all,

F-Secure have a good description: http://www.fsecure.com/v-descs/love.htm

Here's the one i've dropped in for this incident, and another recent
virus which resulted in 'Check this' e-mails zooming about:

# Exim filter
if $h_subject begins "Check this"  and not error_message
then
        fail text "you appear to have a virus on your PC. Check your
system."
endif

if $h_subject begins "ILOVEYOU" and not error_message
then
        fail text "you appear to have a virus on your PC (see
http://www.fsecure.com/v-descs/love.htm). Check your system, or rephrase
the subject"
endif

with, of course, the following configuration entry:

###
# System filter
###
message_filter = /usr/exim/filters/central-filter

Nasty little beast this. Looking at the logs, we've stopped distribution
of this virus by two individuals already...

Well worth doing, as it sounds like this virus is tearing it's way
around the internet at the moment.

Regards,

Richard.