[Exim] HANDS_OFF_ENVIRONMENT

Author: Hans Morten Kind
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] HANDS_OFF_ENVIRONMENT
Starting in 3.14 exim deletes the entire environment. According to
README.UPDATING and the discussion on this list, this is done to
avoid some mess made by the setting of the TZ environment variable.

By some reason some NT-mailers (ie SLmail 3.2.3113) dont seem to
accept the NULL character in the message body, they time out while
reading the NULL. To get rid of the NILs and kick the message off the
queue, I do
setenv EDITOR vim
exim -Meb <msg-id>
remove the nils

However with the deleted environment I was only ending up with

I don't know what kind of terminal you are on - all I have is 'unknown'

and of course 'ex' instead of 'vim' (Solaris 5.5/5.7).
Deleting the entire environment might be too heavy?

hmk