Re: [Exim] Quotas and error messages for sender.

Author: michael
To: admin, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Quotas and error messages for sender.
> Hi. I have installed quotas in 1Mb on user's mailboxes. If someone send's
> more email, and the mailbox overflows, the letter don't come back with an
> error to the sender. What's problem? See attach (my config).

You need to specify a special retry time for "over quota errors". Right now
you should see messages sitting in the queue.

> # Domain               Error       Retries

Try inserting:

*                       quota

> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

That will bounce mails immediatly if the mailbox is full. Oh, and add
the question "what does quota exceeded mean" to your local FAQ, because
users _will_ ask...

Michael