[Exim] can send -- can't receive

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Wilson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] can send -- can't receive
Okay, here's the situation: I'm hostmaster for a local ISP, and I
transferred a domain that I registered (cw0.net) to our nameservers,
resolved it to my IP address at home, created a "mail.cw0.net" CNAME
alias, and designated mail.cw0.net as the mail exchanger. The domains are
resolving fine. Nslookup indicates that both cw0.net and mail.cw0.net are
resolving to the correct address. So as far as DNS goes, all is taken
care of.

Also, I entered cw0.net under local_domains in my exim.conf file. Here is
the exact entry, in case you would like to check my syntax:

local_domains = localhost:cw0.net:mail.cw0.net

I restarted exim after making this change.

However, I cannot recieve email (although I've always been able to send
fine). I ssh'ed into a workstation at work and sent an an email from
there. I then checked the log files to make sure that the mail was
actually reaching my workstation, which it was. Here is the relevant
portion of the log:

2000-04-26 21:10:20 12kfd6-0000AN-00 <= cjw@???
H=richard.eug.clipper.net [216.116.45.17] U=root P=esmtp S=612
id=20000426212643.A26235@???
2000-04-26 21:10:20 12kfd6-0000AN-00 == chris@??? T=local_delivery
defer (13): Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post
/var/spool/mail/chris.lock.va.cw0.net.3907bdac.00000285

There is no chris.lock.va.cw0.net.3907bdac.00000285 file in
/var/spool/mail of course.

Also, the log prints out these Retry messages periodically, as if it's
again attempting to deliver the messages.

3): Retry time not yet reached
2000-04-26 21:38:01 12keWp-000075-00 == chris@??? T=local_delivery
defer (-4

Not only aren't the messages in the spool, but I can't find them anywhere
on my workstation.

I hope I included enough information :-) If you can help me resolve this,
that would be much appreciated. I'm tired of using yahoo! for personal
email (as I don't like web-based email), and I'm not about to use an
account provided by my employer for personal messages ;)

Thanks,

Chris

=====
Chris Wilson <chris@???>