[Exim] some aliasfile / mailing list questions

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] some aliasfile / mailing list questions
We are in the (long, involved) process of providing mailing list support for
our customers. I have two questions, one leading to the other:

1. Queue management API

Having had a cursory, but not detailed look, at the docs, I am not sure if
there is a "formal" API to the queue. The reason I think I would want one is
to provide a web-based version of "exim -bpa" for each domain owner. As exim
changes versions, the internal API is likely (Phil ?) to change as it needs
to evolve. This may stop things working between versions. Is there a need
(apart from mine) to have a relatively static queue API ?

There may be one, and I may be thick. Answers in that direction are, of
course, welcome.

If there isn't, I may be able to volunteer some resource to look at
proposing something based on eximon (?).

2. Mailing-list within mailing-list usage

As part of this project we need to account for usage. This would normally be
fine, except that I noticed some (expected, once I though about it)
behaviour. Given that we will have a number of customers, each with a number
of domains sharing a cluster of servers and configurations, it is possible
that the following occurs:

    list-a@??? includes list-b@???

With exim (as per normal configuration) the list-a is expanded to include
the members of list-b when the two domains are both "local". There are two
problems with this; (a) Confidentiality - if a list has another list as
members, this does not imply that the membership list is published, and (b)
accounting; when the list is expanded, the mail is sent as part of
"example.com" and not "sample.com".

For both these, is there a way of telling exim to "chain" the expansions and
treat each address as a monolithic destination, even when both are local to
the same machine ?

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy