[Exim] couple more getting started questions

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: learning user
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] couple more getting started questions
First of all, I want to thank everybody again for their
help just getting started. The Linux distribution I
installed set up Exim as a standalone machine (without
any transports), disallowed relaying from localhost, and
didn't give write access to the mail directory to the
mail user - a tough combination for a relatively new user.

I have a couple more configuration questions which I
didn't see in the FAQ or documentation (of course I could
have missed them, since a lot of documentation, a good
thing, exists). :)

I have a mail address of littlefish@???. Should I
include bigisp.net in local_domains. I will use fetchmail
to pass the incoming mail to Exim. I made a configuration
file without bigisp.net, and it appeared to work, but I
just wanted to ask somebody to make sure I haven't missed
something.

IF I do include bigisp.net in local_domains, I obviously
need to tell Exim not to attempt to deliver mail to
otheruser@??? locally. It looks like local users
get handled in a different section of the configuration
file (directors versus routers, if I have picked up the
terminology). How should I tell Exim to pass that mail
along to the smtp server for bigisp.net? Thank you again.