Re: [Exim] Exim w. FreeBDS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Jason Leach
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim w. FreeBDS

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:15:43 MST, Jason Leach wrote:

> I just moved from Linux to FreeBDS to test it. We may set it up as a
> gateway rather than linux, but taht`s another story.
>
> I have sendmail on it now, but woud like to move to Exim.

You can install the exim package or (if you need things like mysql lookups)
you can build it within the ports framework. See
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ .

> Does anyone know of a package or some resources on the best way to do
> this.

Once you've installed exim, you'll need to edit
/usr/local/etc/exim/configure.default and rename it to
/usr/local/etc/exim/configure .

Next, add following line to your /etc/rc.conf:

    sendmail_enable="NO"

Finally, if you're using FreeBSD 4.0, you should teach the
mailwrapper(8) program (which pretends to be /usr/sbin/sendmail) to use
exim by editing /etc/mail/mailer.conf in accordance with the
mailwrapper(8) manual page.

Ciao,
Sheldon.