RE: [Exim] Slow

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bonis, Wim
A: 'Jeff Fiegel'
Cc: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Slow
Such a behavior is "normal" when you have a misconfigured full-duplex
network.

When you have A 100MBit Switch, and it one of the hosts (server or Station)
thinks it can send in full-duplex (vs. half-duplex) but the switch does only
do half duplex, then this can happen.

Because: small data goes thru, because the ACK Packet comes after the data.
But when you send a huge a amount of data over this misconfigured "link"
then the ACK signal never comes back to the sender, and he must retransmit.
So the transferrate is very,very bad.

Can you send other data (besides SMTP) to that server quick??

So please try to configure all network cards to half-duplex, reboot and try
again. If it works then, try to force the switch and the network card into
full duplex and try again.

Wim Bonis             ,+'^'+,                 Telefon:0631-31662-0
          Internet Solution Service GmbH      Technik:0631-31662-15
                       +,.,+                   privat:0631-36071-80
email: bonis@???               67655 Kaiserslautern
Karl-Marx-Str. 13                              --== DPN-POP KL ==--