Re: [Exim] Slow

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Jeff Fiegel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Slow
On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Jeff Fiegel wrote:

> I wouldn't think so, because I would assume that it would do its resolves
> at either the start or the finish of the sending not constantly
> during....(Which is where my sloooooonessssss is)

Delays *during* sound like a networking problem, unless the receiving
Exim server is amazingly overloaded. The process is just sitting there
sucking in the data. A delay at the end could be due to resolving etc.
if you have set the option to check the headers lines. I can think of
only two ways of checking this:

(1) You run the receiving Exim daemon in debugging mode by starting it
up with

exim -d9 -bd

for example. If your system is at all busy, this will generate a lot of
output on stderr, but if you can arrange for just the one message to be
being received, you can watch the output and maybe see where the delay
is. One possibility is to use a non-standard port, e.g.

exim -d9 -bd -oX 1234

if you can configure your Eudora to send on port 1234 instead of 25.

(2) You use some kind of network sniffing to watch the packets go by...