[Exim] Transient lsearch failures, Exim 3.13, Possible bug ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Drew Skinner
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: [Exim] Return-Path
Betreff: [Exim] Transient lsearch failures, Exim 3.13, Possible bug ?
Hi all;

On a production machine (Irix 6.5.7) with the 'almost' current exim I
am running
into some lsearch difficuties. [I checked the changelogs for 3.14, but don't
see any lsearch changes].

There are approximately 2800 unique mailing addresses for virtual domains in a
single file in /etc

When 'lsearch'ing the file for the correct destination I am getting
some failures that I am at a loss to explain.

For instance:

hr@???:            user1,user2

Is set for transport for two users, but only the first ever receives the mail.

Another instance:

user@???:        user1,user@???

Works correctly. The first lsearch alias (that fails) works correctly if I
lsearch against a different file. Some debug output (email address
have been minorly changed to protect the parties shown).

The first file (local aliases) is parsed followed by the second file.
Samples from both files:

File#1

support@???:
westr@???,drew@???,dwong@???
xerxes2@???:           xi_xerxes_wania,xi_chris_ouslis

File#2

hr@???:           xi_xerxes_wania,xi_chris_ouslis
judy@???:           ejudy, judyjohnston@???

# ./exim -bt
> support@???

dwong@???
     <-- dwong@???
     <-- support@???
   deliver to dwong in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery
drew@???
     <-- drew@???
     <-- support@???
   deliver to drew in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery
westr@???
     <-- support@???
   deliver to westr@???
   router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
   host demerol.connect.ca [206.186.54.9]

Correctly delivered to 3 unique users.

> xerxes2@???

xi_chris_ouslis@???
     <-- xi_chris_ouslis@???
     <-- xerxes2@???
   deliver to xi_chris_ouslis in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery
xi_xerxes_wania@???
     <-- xi_xerxes_wania@???
     <-- xerxes2@???
   deliver to xi_xerxes_wania in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

Correctly delivered to two test users.

xi_xerxes_wania@???
     <-- hr@???
   deliver to xi_xerxes_wania in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

Fails delivery to a second (valid) user.

> judy@???

ejudy@???
     <-- judy@???
   deliver to ejudy in domain connect.ca
   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery
judyjohnston@???
     <-- judy@???
   deliver to judyjohnston@???
   router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
   host mc2.law5.hotmail.com [216.32.243.135] MX=10
   host mc4.law5.hotmail.com [216.33.151.136] MX=10
   host mc5.law5.hotmail.com [216.32.243.136] MX=10
   host mail.hotmail.com     [216.33.151.135] MX=10

Correctly delivered to two user accounts.

Directors as follows:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
domains = "connect.ca:*.connect.ca"
file = /etc/domainaliases.local.txt
search_type = lsearch*@
include_domain = true
errors_to = root@???
syntax_errors_to = root@???
forbid_file = true
forbid_pipe = true

domain_remap:
driver = smartuser
domains = "lsearch;/etc/mailertable.txt"
new_address = ${local_part}@${lookup{$domain} lsearch
{/etc/mailertable.txt} {$value}}

domain_aliases:
   driver = aliasfile