Re: [Exim] Removing messages with stale locks

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Marilyn Davis
Cc: Philip Hazel, development, exim-users, clint.davis
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Removing messages with stale locks
marilyn@??? said:
> Can you tell me how to get rid of them? I want to be sure those old
> messages don't go out to my lists again.

Kill all the exim processes (or just the stuck ones), and remove the
offending files.

However they won't go out "again" - the journal etc should be OK, and
should stop redelivery. There may be some people who weren't delivered
the first time because the process stuck... they would get a copy...
unless you are past all your retry timings in which case the message
might just be thrown anyhow.

Finding what the processes are stuck in would be really helpful - this
just *shouldn't* happen. I guess your system manages to lose alarm
signals somehow, or its stuck in some other system call.

> I don't see this in the FAQ or the documentation. Searching the
> archives of this list takes too much patience for me because I don't
> see a search facility for it. Please tell me if I'm missing something
> there.

The egroups.com archive is searchable. I am looking at ways of doing
this on the main list set.

> I'm wondering why the default value of "lockfile_timeout" doesn't kick
> in. The locks are almost a month old!

I think the processes are stuck for another reason.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]