[Exim] Local domain mail forwarding

Author: Andrew C. Holmes
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Local domain mail forwarding
Hello all,

I now have a setup which sends all generated mail on my unix boxes to my
2 exim servers. Via MX entries in DNS and sendmail.

From here all recieved mail should be delivered to either :-

A: internet for all "non-local-domain"
B: all "local-domain" recipients to be forwarded to
another mail server which knows all "local-domain"
users.

But all "local-domain" mail is stored locally if the recipient is found
in the passwd file.
If the recipient is not found, the mail is rejected.

I tried the "local_domains = " but I then get :-

$ mailx -v msowerby@???
Subject: test
ignore
EOT
$ LOG: 0 MAIN
<= exim@??? U=exim P=local S=345
Exim version 3.13 debug level 1 uid=1986 gid=1986
probably ndbm
delivering message 12dXTv-00061O-00
LOG: 0 MAIN
lowest numbered MX record points to local host: lastminute.com
LOG: 0 MAIN
== msowerby@??? R=lookuphost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX
record points to local host
LOG: 0 MAIN
Frozen

Any tips on how I can forward all local domain mail.

Andy