Re: [Exim] 3.13 build -- crypt library???

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marilyn Davis
Cc: exim-users, clint.davis, development
Asunto: Re: [Exim] 3.13 build -- crypt library???
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> I'm trying to build 3.13 and it fails because it can't find -lcrypt.

It shouldn't actually need lcrypt unless you have requested that it
include support for SMTP authentication. However, I see that -lcrypt is
included in the Linux configuration.

> We are on Caldera Linux.

Which is not one that I can personally try; -lcrypt is there in RedHat,
and I presume Debian (since lots of people use Debian and nobody has
complained).

However, if you aren't using SMTP authentication (and knowing your
background I suspect you are not), for a quick fix, just remove -lcrypt
from the Makefile that has been built in the build directory, and see if
it manages without it. (Or get your sysadmin to create a dummy -lcrypt
library.)

Sigh. I used to think it bad enough that there were so many flavours of
Unix - now we have multiple sub-flavours of one flavour (viz Linux), and
life is getting worse, not better. Sheesh.