[Exim] Majordomo, MS Clients and Sender:

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Lee Shakespeare
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Majordomo, MS Clients and Sender:
Hi Folks.

I've just installed majordomo on to my exim machines and have
encountered a little problem. I've used the setup documented at
http://www.netmaster.ca/exim/majordomo.html

The lists all work fine except Exim adds a Sender:
owner-list@??? line for all messages. Now I don't have a
problem with this in itself, owner-list is by some definition who sent
the mail, if it wasn't for brain dead MS mail clients. It would appear
the Outlook.* treat the Sender: header as more important than the From:
header (which contains the correct email address of the poster). So it
displays and quotes owner-list rather than the correct message author.

From my (brief) reading of the RFC's I can't work out why Outlook should
be doing this, Messenger doesn't and neither does Pine. But it's making
my MS users unhappy, and in turn they are making me unhappy. So, as
there is little chance of changing the MS behaviour, is it possible to
suppress the Sender: header in Exim?

I'm actually a little confused as to why Exim is adding it in the first
place. The majordom user is sending the mail and is listed as an exim
trusted user. This is how I've removed Sender: in the past :)

Thanks for your help.
Lee.

--
Lee Shakespeare : lee@???