Re: [Exim] exim+Debian+Mailman

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Chris Mayes
CC: John Burnham, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim+Debian+Mailman
cmayes@??? said:
> Is there a way to add localhost to this without messing this up? Why
> is this used rather than just leaving it blank? Again, this would be
> just another matter of reading the manuals to figure it out, but I
> assume that the maintainer of the .deb used this parameter setting for
> a reason. Can I tack localhost onto the end of the parameter without
> messing it up?

Unfortunately, in your file, host_accept_relay was generated by a dumb
autoconverter, and doesn't make much sense, since it currently says
    don't accept relays from all hosts
    accept relays from all hosts

The first one wins... so nothing can relay (but you force a DNS lookup
for the name... but then your host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0 had done that
already).

The version I suggested should be right for your system - the last
!0.0.0.0/0 is actually superfluous, but done to make the negation
explicit (nothing else can get through).

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]