Re: [Exim] What user on startup?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Niels Ott
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] What user on startup?
Philip Hazel wrote:
> > --- snip ---
> > perl_at_start = true
> > perl_startup = do '/etc/exim/the_script.pl'
> > --- snap ---
> >
> > That's okay by that, but I don't know to which user the Exim process
> > belongs at that time.
>
> If Exim is setuid root, it is running as root at that time. However,
> when you later actually make use of the Perl functions, it may not be
> running as root any more. Maybe that's your problem. When do you
> actually use the functions?

I use the functions within SMTP AUTH, this is configured somewhere in
the auth-section. (I don't have my config with me on my laptop ;-)
The functions get called correctly and when I just let them return
"yes", relaying is accepted. Therefore the function itsself and the auth
config seems to work correctly.

I tried perl_at_start because I read in the docs that Perl would then
be started with setuid privileges.
(http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_10.html#SEC178)

Well, anyway, Exim can't read /etc/shadow.

Yours,
Niels

--
Nur Angeber brauchen Laptops :*)