Re: [Exim] What user on startup?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: Niels Ott
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] What user on startup?
Quoth Niels Ott on Sun, Apr 02, 2000:
> I need a Perl-script looking up data from /etc/shadow.

Try using PAM instead. I have no idea what you're trying to
achieve, though.

> That's okay by that, but I don't know to which user the Exim process
> belongs at that time. It doesn't seem to be root and it is not the user
> "exim" I created for Exim. (Both users can access /etc/shadow due to
> group permissions)

Bad idea. You should not let anyone except root read your
/etc/shadow. If you really need the data read by exim, duplicate
it in a dbm file.

> I hope you can help me. Please insert a cc: to niels@??? because
> I'm not subscribed within the list.

If you ask for help, you should at least have the courage to read
the list.

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.