著者: Niels Ott
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] What user on startup?
Hi there!

I have a problem with Exim:
I need a Perl-script looking up data from /etc/shadow. This works quite
well as root but when the script gets startet from Exim, it cannot
access the file.

I do not fully understand this. I inserted the following lines into
exim.conf:
--- snip ---
perl_at_start = true
perl_startup = do '/etc/exim/the_script.pl'
--- snap ---

That's okay by that, but I don't know to which user the Exim process
belongs at that time. It doesn't seem to be root and it is not the user
"exim" I created for Exim. (Both users can access /etc/shadow due to
group permissions)

I'm running SuSE Linux 6.3 and Exim 3.12. The Perl-script does some jobs
with SMTP AUTH, in this case checking the login data and finding out
wether the user belongs to a certain group.

I hope you can help me. Please insert a cc: to niels@??? because
I'm not subscribed within the list.

Yours,
Niels