Re: [Exim] OK I give up

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: David M Walker
CC: Exim Users Mailing List, chip
Betreff: Re: [Exim] OK I give up
On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, David M Walker wrote:

> I have been checking out my exim configuration and used the the
> tests at: http://www.mail-abuse.org/tsi/ar-test.html

> The config file and transcript of the session are attached.
> What I don't get is why test 6 fails ?

verify_recipient

Exim will treat a message to
relaytest%mail-abuse.org@???
as being to a local user

relaytest%mail-abuse.org

Presummably that is going to be an unknown local user.

there are two ways to dealing with unknown local users. One is to reject
at SMTP time, the other is to accept the mail and generate an NDR. If you
are set up to do that latter, you may initially "fail" the test, even
though you are not an open relay.

Note that you won't be put on th RSS list for failing that test. Real
spam has to be really relayed though your site. There are tests that
actually do try to relay though the site. Those should fail properly.

-j