[Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH advice

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Einspanjer
A: exim-users
Cc: 'Dave C.'
Temas antiguos: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay problem with netscape on localhost
Asunto: [Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH advice
I do have the SMTP AUTH working fine. It is using a plain passwd file. I
thought the PAM stuff looked easier on the exim side, but I don't know the
first thing about PAM in general and I wasn't sure if I could use it for
mail accounts that did not have a corresponding user account on the box. My
users are able to log in from Outlook, Outlook Express, and Netscape
communicator with no problem. The only drawback I had is that when running
Netscape on my local box, I still have to authenticate, but I am able to
auth just fine and read my mail. Users on my local network not using
Netscape do not have to auth. I posted my config on here once but people
might not like getting spammed with attachments so I'll just give you a link
to it on my FTP instead.

ftp://ftp.yipyip.com/exim.conf

Let me know if you have any questions regarding it.