Re: [Exim] Virtual Domains.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy C. Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jason C. Leach
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Virtual Domains.
Jason,

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Jason C. Leach wrote:

> I could do with a few tips on setting up EXIM to work with several domains.
> I have read some of the docs, but am not sure I have found the correct
> solution.

Be sure to check out the examples at http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC315
(or from
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/config.samples.tar.gz):

C007: "If I host a domain foo.dom on my machine as a virtual domain I
expect it to be completely virtual and separate from other mail domains
that end up on my machine."

C009: "These are suggested parts of a configuration for looking up users
in /etc/passwd.domain rather than in /etc/passwd ..."

> If anyone knows of an Exim HOWTO for this, or has done it and can point me
> in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Also, you may need a solution for your users to retrieve their mail. I use
gnu-pop3d with a patch I wrote. It allows using separate password files
and separate mail spool directories for each domain.

The user simply appends a colon or at-sign and a domain name (or realm
name) at the end of his/her pop3 user name, like "jeremy@???".
You can also compile the patch to automatically attempt to use the domain
name the user used to connect to your server. (With this option, you'd have
to have separate IPs for each virtual domain name.)

More info about my patch and my Exim setup is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/projects/virtualmail/

gnu-pop3d is available via
http://www.nodomainname.net/software/gnu-pop3d/

Hope this helps,

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net