Re: [Exim] Switching from Sendmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug S
A: jeff
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Switching from Sendmail

>What is the best "pain free" way to switch from sendmail to exim????

Here's how I did it:

(1) I built exim, and tested mail sending and local delivery.

(2) I started exim listening on an alternative port and tested SMTP
mail via a telnet session.

(3) I made a copy of /usr/lib/sendmail and it's other places (actually
I think it was /usr/sbin/sendmail on this system, with a symlink to
the former location).

(4) I started sendmail without the -bd option, so that it could run
out its queue.

(5) I moved exim to /usr/lib/sendmail etc and started it with the -bd
option, so that it did mail listening. I also had to tweak 'mailq'
so that it pointed to exim rather than sendmail.

(6) when sendmail's queue was empty, I killed the process.

(7) note that OS maintenance may want to overwrite exim with the
vendor's sendmail or whatever they ship.

This is probably a little over-simplified, but you get the idea.

Doug
--
Doug S. (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)

The shadow of a dog never bit anyone -- Kenneth Copeland