Re: [Exim] Configure Exim to handle many mail users W/O usin…

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Irwan Hadi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Configure Exim to handle many mail users W/O using system accounts
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Irwan Hadi wrote:

> Could somebody explain to me how to configure exim to handle many mail
> users (multiple email addresses) with separate POP3 accounts - without
> using system accounts or is there any documentation to read ?

Some ideas for Exim and virtual domains can be found at
http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC315 -- in particular, check out C007 and
C009.

(You'll also need to setup a POP3 server for your new configuration. I
patched gnu-pop3d to allow use of separate passwd files and separate
mail spool directories for each domain. Visit
http://www.reedmedia.net/projects/virtualmail/ for more info. Please
share your POP3 solution. Thanks.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net